CONNECT44 Group has joined the Open RAN Alliance and Telecom Infra Project
Lucerne, Switzerland – 10.05.2021: CONNECT44 Group announced today that it has joined the O-RAN Alliance and TIP (Telecom Infra Project), two global communities of mobile network operators, vendors and institutions operating in the Radio Access Network industry, respectively end to end telecom networks infrastructure.
As the digital transformation moves forward, even in the difficult times we live in now, Connect44 Group focuses on contributing to new ways of connecting the world.
The development of Open RAN is creating opportunities in wireless telecommunications, to disaggregate hardware and software and to create open interfaces between them.
The Open RAN networks allow mobile operators to procure radio equipment, choosing from a larger number of software, hardware and radio antenna suppliers. This leads to new and faster services innovation, reducing the dependence on a single supplier, supporting the improvement of mobile network security.
Starting with 2021, Connect44 Group has joined O-RAN Alliance and TIP (Telecom Infra Project), two global communities of mobile network operators, vendors and institutions operating in the Radio Access Network industry, respectively end to end telecom networks infrastructure.
While TIP is more deployment and execution focused, the ORAN Alliance ensures that equipment from multiple vendors interoperate with each other. It also creates O-RAN standards where they are not available, to enable a more competitive and vibrant RAN supplier ecosystem for a better user experience.
Within above alliances, our technical specialists will participate in different working groups, focused on optimisation and automation of the RAN or with focus on open interfaces for different RAN hardware and software vendors.
Connect44 O-RAN/vRAN Support Services
Connect44 is a Managed Services Partner to multiple Operator/Vendors throughout Europe and in our previous 20 years of operating in the Mobile and IT Sectors, have supported many of them through extensive vendor swap cycles. Our vendor agnostic approach has allowed us to position our support services where they are most needed and have successfully managed end to end delivery of all functional areas of the swap.
These support services to provide the Plan – Build – Run cycle, have included but by no means are limited to:
- PMO organisation to overarch the programme requirement;
- Network Coverage Design Deliverables – interfacing into the regulatory body to deliver stipulated saturation and coverage benchmarks;
- Densification planning for 5G new frequency plots;
- RF Site Design and planning database management.
- Provision of Remote Integration Centre – to create site solutions design and lead integration activities;
- Interface and site creation on vendor NMS/OSS and relevant support tooling systems;
- Bring Into Service (BIS) – proving existing or new comms to site, completion of interdependencies including core databuild, neighbour definition, site and cluster parameter definition and implementation;
- On site DICI support services – Field support services for commissioning, integration and call test verification.
- Acceptance Gating – providing all post acceptance verification and concession management to support Operational Acceptance;
- Transfer to Ops (TTO) process – including performance verification and PPM services;
- Operational Responsibility – bring into a 24x7 Network Operations Facility with full Service Assurance capability;
- Extended Incident, Problem, Change and Performance oversight including optimisation and Drive Test Services.
Connect44 is currently supporting various stages of O-RAN/vRAN scoping and managed service support packages, covering the planning, DICI and Service Assurance delivery for upcoming trials and initial rollout throughout Europe. These enable the provision of Connect44 extensive skills and expertise to be able to support an SI Vendor in their engagement to provide the end to end functionality the operators are demanding.
Our capability to centralise, within our current facility, or offer bespoke in country NOC and Service Assurance solutions coupled with the required local skillset to deliver the design, planning and FLM/DICI aspects of the work packages, offer a strong solution to any areas of support the SIV chooses to outsource.
Find More Information Online
Connect44 Group is a System Integrator in areas such as mobile solutions, fixed networks and enterprise services, with offices in 9 countries. Headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland, the Connect44 brand was co-founded by Leo Kidel and James Rogerson in 2000. That partnership marked the beginning of a remarkable digital journey, making it possible nowadays to have more than 1.000 employees in Europe, among them being 850 specialist engineers that deliver our services with great enthusiasm and care.
Our business model includes managed services or consulting services which we adapt to our customers’ needs and we offer each one tailor-made solutions for their unique requirements. Our company is ISO 9001:2015 certified for quality management and ISO/IEC 27001 for Information Security Management Systems. We are constantly looking for new ways to connect the world that we live in.