Senior Scrum Master
Senior Scrum Master
Job Ref. Number
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Scrum Master, to work in one of their projects based in Zurich - Switzerland.
This position over 60-80% is within the IaaS domain and therefore with focus on the following topics.
- Provisioning of high quality infrastructure services ensuring smooth operation of critical platforms and business solutions. The team specializes in infrastructure that maximizes performance, security, governance and availability.
- Managed infrastructure services (incl. Windows and Linux servers and configuration mgmt.)
- Serve our Client's customers by managing our identity and access management infrastructure (AAD)
- Manage Client's Datacentres to ensure business continuity for on-premise infrastructure
- As experienced Scrum Master, you will work as a credible Servant Leader for the Product Owner, Product Area Lead, Chapter Leads and the Squad Members.
- You will support the work of the Squad(s) by maintaining the backlog and facilitating Scrum ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- You will ensure team performance is monitored through the Squad's dashboard and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
- As a catalyst, you drive improvements and changes to positively challenge the norm where the issues are outside of a squads' control.
- You support process improvements within a Product Area or on complex issues.
- Coach and develop Scrum based Squad(s) to be self-organized, and helping to remove their impediments
- Help the squad to keep focus. E.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the squad
- Support a Product Owner setting goals, scope for the Squad(s) and supporting product backlog management
- Contribute to the Product Area with proficient coaching & mentoring skills
- Mediate through conflicts, help the squad to make decisions, and encourage leadership in others
- Fosters self-organization, collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge about Agile frameworks and its principles
- Support and promote a feedback culture based on the Scrum values (commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect)
- Support a culture of continuous improvement of the squad's processes and productivity
- Exchange ideas and issues with other Scrum Masters, nurturing internal Agile community and Chapter/Community of Practice
You will be expected to:
- Work with Squad(s) to embed and reinforce Agile practices and behaviours
- Lead and facilitate various Scrum ceremonies, such as sprint closing and planning, stand ups, retrospectives
- Provide constructive feedback to team members to increase Agile maturity
- Support the Product Owner maintain and refine the product backlog
- Review and manage backlog items to ensure the latest work status is captured and updated as appropriate
- Ensure work is appropriately balanced across the team and that all work is captured within the backlog
- Enable the organization's Agile way of working o Model behaviours to support the organization's Agile transformation
- Actively create and maintain an atmosphere and culture within Squad(s) based on the Agile leadership behaviours
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and best practices to progress the work of the Squad(s)
- Engage with Chapter Leads to help identify and deliver against training needs to support Agile practices
- Engage with individual Squad members to identify opportunities to improve
Skills and Experience required:
- More than 5 years experience working with Agile teams and understanding of Agile practices
- Experience with Scrum (and Kanban) methodologies, tools and techniques
- Capability to understand and speak the Engineer's language and understand the wider context of their day-to-day engineering work
- Experience with Enterprise IT tools and processes, or similar in other international Enterprise IT organizations
- A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to uncovering better ways of working
- Ability to influence behavior without having formal organizational hierarchy
- Excellent communications and people-interaction skills
- Fluent in English
Scrum & Kanban (Certification), +5 years in Agile Teams & Practices, Enterprise IT Tools & Processes