Voice core Databuild Engineer
Voice core Databuild Engineer
Job Ref. Number
Core Data Build Engineer who has working experience on data configuration activity within the core network elements. To be part of a team working out of normal UK office hours during the night time maintenance window as specified by the customer's network change process.
- Preparing and loading Cell / BSC / RNC / Femto / PANI related data build on Ericsson MBCs in support of Radio Programmes, Fixed Network Programmes and 4G Network Expansion Programmes
- Support business as usual (BAU), work requests, and projects loading data across impacted 2G/3G/IMS nodes, including Testbed, in accordance with Core Network Plans and Customer Change Management Processes.
- Work as part of a larger team delivering more complex Projects under the guidance of the Network Data Group Manager or nominated Specialist Data Build Engineer, including supervision of related Project activities supported by Junior Data Build Engineers.
- Review and Validate Core Network Plans as part of Data Build Quality Processes
- Conduct data validation/auditing processes and interactions which are required for new element integration
- Ensure data integrity across the network (Audits) with Ericsson mobile network core data build techniques across 2G/3G/IMS nodes
- Ensure change requests (CRQs) are updated in accordance with TUK OPE Guidelines, including adding appropriate notes reflecting current status and completion/cancellation of CRQs.
- Own and event control implementation activities for low impact and low risk changes
- Functions as per QMS (quality management system) procedures
- Performs Quality Control processes in accordance with set guidelines
- Ensures quality targets laid out are met for the processes owned
- Follows all the customers change management and incident processes.
The authority is a consequence of the nature of the job and of the tasks established or delegated as allocated by The Network Data Group Manager
- Desirable for a BA/BSc degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in voice core data building using Ericsson equipment is mandatory.
- Strong technical background in the Telecommunications and Data Network configuration field as well as an understanding of all key elements that make up a mobile network;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data script building tools (e.g. Ericsson);
- Good knowledge of the Ericsson IMS core data build techniques.
- Experience of Planning systems, customer is using Magnet Plus
- Experience of the Remedy Change Management and Incident modules is required
- Able to communicate in English Language both verbally and written Level A
- Willingness to travel within Europe if required.
- Critical Thinking
- Good communications skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Adaptability & Flexibility, working out of normal UK office hours on a regular basis.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Self organizing