Voice Core Project Manager
Voice Core Project Manager
Job Ref. Number
Knowledge, and experience of VAS and Messaging platform, working in both a Voice Core and IT
Effective leadership and communications skills, projecting competence and credibility
Experience running projects in large organisations where time to market and cost
Telecoms Network or IT experience is a key advantage
Preferably a member of the Association for Project Management, Prince 2 Practitioner, PMI equivalent or PPM accredited.
A Voice Core Project Manager who has E2E project delivery experience gained in mobile telecoms, preferably in Voice Core, Fixed line hardware/systems such as HLR, HSS, IMS, MTAS, CTAS, CSCF. Must have working experience and knowledge of Mobile telecoms core networks of 2G, 3G and 4G and IT systems.
- Arrange and Facilitate Project Definition Workshop for a new Project.
- Issue the Project Definition Report.
- Establish, Maintain and Publish the MS Project Plan for each Project.
- Establish, Maintain and Publish a Risk Register (RAID) for each Project.
- Establish and implement a Communications Plan for each Project.
- Monitor the Tasks conducted and reported by the Delivery Team.
- Establish and Facilitate Project Events, including where necessary tasks normally associated with a Delivery Manager's role, such as CCR's, Work Request Forms and Change Implementation plans.
- Establish and chair regular project meetings and publish minutes thereof.
- Ensure Products and Services provided by Vendors and 3rd Parties are available as defined within the Project Plan.
- Update Clients Project Management Tool 'Clarity' for Project Milestones.
- Present Project Status Updates at Internal and Client Project Review Meetings.
- Conduct Impact Assessment of Changes to Projects.
- Establish Cross Training Programme for Delivery Managers.
- Identify needs for Delivery Management Resources for Team.
- Ensure all MaGnet tasks for the Project are closed down.
- Closely Monitor the Closure of Project CCR's to ensure Closure within the KPI.
- Monitor & Manage REMEDY cases.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Project Management experience gained in a telecoms environment, preferably within Core Voice Networks and/or mobile operator environment.
- Prince 2, ITIL v3 or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Excellent communication planning and skills.
- Understanding of Core Voice Networks and systems. Ericsson preferred.
- Understanding of IMS Core Networks. Voice over LTE/WiFI. Ericsson.
- Experience of SIP based Network deployment and delivery management.
- Implementing customer approved end-to-end Project Management Processes from initiation to closure.
- Establishing and Implementing Communication plans.
- Sharing of information with different stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain High level and Low level planning using Microsoft Project and other software tools.
- Manage Subcontractors, 3rd party resources and Delivery Managers.
- Updating Customer Planning and reporting tools.
- Full Acceptance and handover process development and implementation.
- Knowledge of Telefonica O2 networks and processes (highly desirable)
- Experience of Telefonica O2 systems:
- MaGnet plus
- Positive and proactive attitude with 'Can Do' mentality.
- Ability to effectively manage own time across multiple projects.
- Ability to demand and obtain support from all project resources e.g. Vendors and 3rd
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively at all level s within customer and vendor organisations.
- Ability to see the bigger picture of projects in the context of the overall programme and strategy.
- In a position to work 24/7, managing project events out of hours.
- Work on customer premises as required.